Pages

D Day...
November 11, 2011
12:00pm
Baldwin Community United Methodist Church
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Monday, April 18, 2011

Regarding Dress #3 and other stuff

Doesn't dress #3 look silverish to you?  Well, it's not. It's a champagne color.  Which is fine, just not what I was expecting.  And my son has declared that of all the dresses so far, he does NOT like this one at all.

Yes, my son is the one who always gives me my first critiques on just about everything.  I don't think he ever thought he'd being giving me thumbs up or thumbs down on wedding dresses!

Right now I am sick of dresses...can't seem to find anything that looks decent on me. Gee, maybe that's why I NEVER WEAR DRESSES!!!

I am grouchy...I'm hotter than hell.  My AC went out and I'm in a constant sweat unless I lay perfectly still under a fan.  Perfectly still.  That means very little breathing, no talking, no moving.

And since I'm in a bitchy mood I have to say I am so completely sick and tired of people "joking" about this being my third marriage.  Yes, it is, but it the first time I'm marrying George...it is OUR wedding...it has nothing to do with how many times either of us has been married before.  I think I had to go through various degrees of crap in my life to know when it's finally, really right.  And I am more sure of it than anything... it's right.

That being said...since it IS my third and his second wedding, I do believe we can pretty much do whatever we want...traditions, stereotypical wedding stuff, well....it's up to us and if we want to do something different, we will.  I do NOT want a typical reception.  If I could have a simple laid back BBQ in a park I would, but it'll probably be a bit chilly in November for that!  So unless we change our minds, it's going to be a Thanksgiving reception.  There won't be that many people there.  I may mail out 100 invitations on my side, but I know without a firigging doubt that NO ONE will plan on actually being there.  I am not worried about that at all.  It'll be 5-6 people on my side and maybe 20 on his side.

I think an early Thanksgiving will be nice.

Anyhoo....dresses suck and I am giving up for now.  Guess next up will be figuring out the invitation wording!

3 comments:

  1. I wouldn't worry about how many times you've been married - my family seems to take two or three tries to get it right. It's growing up. People change a lot between 18 and 40. Don't let the idiots get you down.

    As to the dress, all you need for it to be is comfortable and to feel beautiful in it. It doesn't necessarily have to be a WEDDING dress.

    Keep your wording simple. Who, where, when and what. We already know why... ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it doesn't have to be a wedding dress, but even so, I am having a hard time finding anything that's really "right"...

    ...and now with complications happening (which I knew would happen, I was just in denial)...the whole thing may end up put on hold.

    The pause button has been hit on the "plan wedding" scene. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are always setbacks and delays. The one thing I learned while working on my brother's is that almost nothing goes the way you think it will. I hope the pause isn't permanent. And if it is just a pause - well then you have more time.

    ReplyDelete