Pages

D Day...
November 11, 2011
12:00pm
Baldwin Community United Methodist Church
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Get Me To The Church on Time!

So I spoke with Amy at the church this morning and we have the ceremony set for 3:00pm.  Rehearsal is the day before, probably at 5:00.

She said they have pew bows if we wanted to use them.  I hadn't though of that, so I told her sure. I really don't think we need to decorate the chapel...I mean, just give me a small bouquet and I'll be happy!

6 comments:

  1. I think pew bows usually mark where the family and special guests sit. Since the ceremony for my brother was in a small historic church, pew bows weren't allowed (nothing attached to the pews).

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as I know, my side is going to have very few people on it...his side will have a bunch. I'm thinking we should just tell people to sit wherever they want...maybe just a pew bow for the first row...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, here's the deal. You need to put something on your wishlist that I don't want to keep for myownself. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!! I'm working on it. I need to sit down with George and figure out a few things to put on it...I just wanted to have a few odd things on it besides the usual towels and sheets :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how it will work at the church you're getting married in, but for us, the church requests that your altar flowers be left for the services on Sunday. For my second wedding, we just bought two potted plants from Lowes and put them in nice, inexpensive pots. For Matt's, I bought some flowers from Publix and made our own arrangements, plus the bridal bouquet and bridesmaid bouquet. We also made corsages for the moms and boutineers for the dad and best man. Don't get too carried away (which is easy!). We kept it VERY simple.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm trying to keep it simple...Sarah, you are my inspiration!

    ReplyDelete