Sunday, October 2, 2011
Stress? I got plenty to share!
It literally makes me sick to work. It does! My blood pressure has skyrocketed thanks to my job - not wedding stress...work stress. Well, I suppose wedding stress does factor in there somewhere. I just have to really try to blow off any and everything that happens at work. I have enough to stress over without adding to it and right now, my job is not worth it. I know I shouldn't think like that, especially in this economy. I should be thankful to have a job, right? Well when people are made to feel like "I could fire you but I don't because I am SUCH a wonderful person now you must do as I say with no argument because afterall I am such a wonderful person and if you don't I will just fire you and besides I am the boss and whatever I say goes because I am the boss and it really doesnt matter what anyone thinks because I am the boss and if you don't like it you can leave but oh by the way I am such a wonderful person here have a cookie".....the fun we could all BE having at work is sucked out.
So we are at 40 days now. I think most all decorations have been bought. We still have no idea about a menu, nor where we'll rent a tent from nor how much that will cost. I am pretty much leaving that all up to Buddy. My maid of honor? Still no dress. My kids? Still no suits. I have found no ties I like (need 2-3 ties and one bowtie in a sage green? and one tie for Buddy (black??)
Eye doctor? Check.
Neurologist? Check.
Dentist? Tomorrow. Later for Aidan.
Lawyer? Check. Partially paid, but she is cool about it. Will take her more Thursday after work.
I am trying o get a lot of things taken care of before I leave to go up to PA on 11/4 since I will be losing my insurance then.
Got my haircut yesterday. A bit shorter, but I like it. Mr. R still want to color and highlight my hair. The last day I can do that is October 29th. That means about 12 days before the wedding. My hair doesn't hold color and I am worried that it won't make it those 12 days. I guess if it doesn't, I can always go somewhere up there for...something? Ah...not going to worry about that now.
My non-surprise pre-wedding celebration (it is NOT a wedding and/or bridal shower) for people from work is this Friday. I hope it will be fun. I know it will be fun. Oh, and part of the reason I am stressed at work is that my boss is pissed she had nothing to do with this party. 2 other friends planned it. I made the flyer, though, because they can do that kind of stuff. The bottom line is that the boss can't say "Look at what I did aren't I a wonderful boss to do this?" so she is pissed. Oh well, too bad...I'm letting all that stuff run off my back from now on. I have a whole new chapter in my life to think about and sorry, but my job is NOT in that picture anymore!
40...tick, tock...
So we are at 40 days now. I think most all decorations have been bought. We still have no idea about a menu, nor where we'll rent a tent from nor how much that will cost. I am pretty much leaving that all up to Buddy. My maid of honor? Still no dress. My kids? Still no suits. I have found no ties I like (need 2-3 ties and one bowtie in a sage green? and one tie for Buddy (black??)
Eye doctor? Check.
Neurologist? Check.
Dentist? Tomorrow. Later for Aidan.
Lawyer? Check. Partially paid, but she is cool about it. Will take her more Thursday after work.
I am trying o get a lot of things taken care of before I leave to go up to PA on 11/4 since I will be losing my insurance then.
Got my haircut yesterday. A bit shorter, but I like it. Mr. R still want to color and highlight my hair. The last day I can do that is October 29th. That means about 12 days before the wedding. My hair doesn't hold color and I am worried that it won't make it those 12 days. I guess if it doesn't, I can always go somewhere up there for...something? Ah...not going to worry about that now.
My non-surprise pre-wedding celebration (it is NOT a wedding and/or bridal shower) for people from work is this Friday. I hope it will be fun. I know it will be fun. Oh, and part of the reason I am stressed at work is that my boss is pissed she had nothing to do with this party. 2 other friends planned it. I made the flyer, though, because they can do that kind of stuff. The bottom line is that the boss can't say "Look at what I did aren't I a wonderful boss to do this?" so she is pissed. Oh well, too bad...I'm letting all that stuff run off my back from now on. I have a whole new chapter in my life to think about and sorry, but my job is NOT in that picture anymore!
40...tick, tock...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You're 9 days out now... and I'm so excited for you! I hope much of your stress is behind you and instead you just have lots and lots of anticipation! Everything will turn out just fine - weirdly, it almost always does. Sorry I seem to have been MIA - Blogger's been quite naughty about letting me comment anywhere. No idea why, but none of my google accounts seem to be "authorized" on any blogs. Very strange.
ReplyDelete