Tuesday, June 21, 2011
FedEx Nightmare
I ordered my wedding invitations....and waited...and waited...checked the FedEx site and they said they shipped them a week ago. I freaked out because no one delivered them. Anyway, long story short - I found them in my garage. Now what the hell was the FedEx guy doing hiding a package underneath my son's John Deere Powerwheels??? Do they no longer knock on doors, just enter garages and hide things...no notes or anything? IDIOTS! I will NEVER ship anything via FedEx. Wow...it still astounds me that they could do such a thing.
So now I'm gathering addresses and getting ready to fly up next week with my oldest boy. We're going to Geowoodstock in northern PA this year, then a trip to see Niagra Falls. I'm excited! Plus, I'll get to see our new "baby"...a 1968 Shasta trailer that George bought for $200. We're going to restore it. It's going to be fun! A fun little trailer to camp in PLUS it can double as a little "guest cottage".... yeah, it'll be great! I'm going to start yet another blog devoted to the Shasta soon. I need to come up with a good name, get a few pictures going, blahblahblah before I publish it. I think it will be really fun to have a record of our restoration progress.
Is it tie to get married yet? I am tired of waiting. Can we just do it now? Please?
So now I'm gathering addresses and getting ready to fly up next week with my oldest boy. We're going to Geowoodstock in northern PA this year, then a trip to see Niagra Falls. I'm excited! Plus, I'll get to see our new "baby"...a 1968 Shasta trailer that George bought for $200. We're going to restore it. It's going to be fun! A fun little trailer to camp in PLUS it can double as a little "guest cottage".... yeah, it'll be great! I'm going to start yet another blog devoted to the Shasta soon. I need to come up with a good name, get a few pictures going, blahblahblah before I publish it. I think it will be really fun to have a record of our restoration progress.
Is it tie to get married yet? I am tired of waiting. Can we just do it now? Please?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whoa... that's crazy! What did FedEx say when you told them what happened?
ReplyDeleteShasta... I was racking my brain to figure out why that sounded so familiar - then I remembered! Shasta Rootbeer was a fixture of my childhood. Had that little elf or gnome or whatever on the bottle. Mmmmm..... I can't wait to see your new Shasta blog. As you know, I LOVE stuff like that!
Oh, duh... FROSTIE Rootbeer had the elf on it. But I do remember drinking Shasta rootbeer too!
ReplyDeleteI remember Shasta sodas, too. I think they had more than just rootbeer, if I remember correctly. I did start the blog, but am waiting for a few more pictures before I let people know about it.
ReplyDeleteDo you know about the "Tiny House Blog"? They not only do houses, but trailers too! If you want, I'll send you a link. I love that site!
ReplyDelete